#3 - A Snowy Owl
20080726-094a.jpg

#4 - A Grey Heron.
20070730-052a.jpg

#5 - a Red Deer Stag
20080726-227a.jpg

#6 - a British Otter.
20080726-184a.jpg

Hope you like these as much as I enjoyed taking them :)

I do like this work
A few look a little closly copped - the Stag and snowy owl most - but all your shots (barring you first) seem a little dark - I suspect you are using exposure compensation to help prevent blowouts and you have done really well not blowing any out (especially the snowy owl!) though I do think you could have exposed a little more and got away with it!

Out of interst what did you take the bee shots with?

The focus sems a little out on most of the shots. The otter would be great, but the image is focussed on the grass in front of him, leaving the eyes unsharp and, hence, uncaptivating. The Grey Heron looks cropped and blown up.
I like the compositions on a few, the otter, and second bee images especially but there needs to be a little more concentration on focus points.
Remember with wildlife, sharp eyes, soft nose. More often than not if you have a choice of what is sharp and in focus, make it the eyes. :)

(Hi! Long time no see! Hope all is well)

The first bee shot looks nice and sharp on my monitor. And I especially like the snowy owl and red deer shots (huge rack on that deer!). The otter is terribly cute, as I'm sure LP will be along to tell you.

All is well thank you. :)

Do I see right? Is this our "Lensmeister" posting?
Hey!
Where were you all the while?

Nice photos, cool macros, too. I quite like the "Hedwig" (is H.P.'s owl called Hedwig in the English editions, too?).

Is it only me, or do they all appear a little dark?

nope not just you LaPhoto - and Hedwig is still Hedwig :)

Hey all ... Sorry I don't get on as much as I used to ... getting on a bit now you knw (40 next week).

Thanks for the comments ....

Anty ... :) lovely to hear from you :) thanks for the comments.

Lafoto: Always a pleasure ... they look ok on mine .... maybe I have mine turned up too bright ... ;)

40 next week? Oh, you young one, you!!!
That makes even our choirmaster older than you are. Wow. He turned 40 last Saturday.

Most reactions

Back