Sony A99 BestBuy Price Drop $2299

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hmmmm BestBuy has a price drop in the sony A99. Only $2299 WOW thats about $500 cheaper..You think something new is coming soon?

a99 - Best Buy

I have been going back and forth between the A7 and A99 maybe its time to jump on this price drop…Only if it had Eye AF like the A7 :er:

Hmmmm BestBuy has a price drop in the sony A99. Only $2299 WOW thats about $500 cheaper..You think something new is coming soon?

a99 - Best Buy

I have been going back and forth between the A7 and A99 maybe its time to jump on this price drop…Only if it had Eye AF like the A7 :er:

Woohoo!

Say.. Vipgraphx.. while were on the subject, can I borrow $2309?

Lol

a99 - Best Buy

It's still one of Sony's best cameras ever. Kirk Tuck uses it when he's not dinking around with smaller format mirrorless cameras; he refuses to buy an a7 or a7r, and he owns a lot of mirrorless cameras and lenses. He's one of the web's biggest full-time professional commercial photographers, and he still relies on his a99 an its lens set for his most-demanding jobs. Do I think something new is coming? NO. I think the a99 is probably being end-of-life'd, and the price cut to clear the channel of remaining inventory. Sony has already announced that they plan to shift emphasis to the FE mount.

For me, since I do not make a living off photography once I get just a few lenses, I am good to go. If I did decide to do family portraits again the lens choice I would want to use I probably would all ready have gotten. I would be interested in 16-35,50,85 and maybe the 135.

So either end of shelf life or something new. I know that they are 1 FF that is supposed to pop up this year from what their timeline shows and its not supposed to be a FE/E mount camera.

a99 - Best Buy

You sure can and I have no problem helping out a fellow user, all I will ask is if I can borrow you for chores and yard work :D

a99 - Best Buy

It's still one of Sony's best cameras ever. Kirk Tuck uses it when he's not dinking around with smaller format mirrorless cameras; he refuses to buy an a7 or a7r, and he owns a lot of mirrorless cameras and lenses. He's one of the web's biggest full-time professional commercial photographers, and he still relies on his a99 an its lens set for his most-demanding jobs. Do I think something new is coming? NO. I think the a99 is probably being end-of-life'd, and the price cut to clear the channel of remaining inventory. Sony has already announced that they plan to shift emphasis to the FE mount.

There's an Alpha series announcement coming soon. Rumors are that the next gen of DSLT's will have the hybrid AF tech in the a6000.

Yeah that would be cool super fast AF.

I met this guy who shoots with the a99 and he has a very very nice portfolio. He also gives classes on photography , flash photography , lighting set up. I was very impressed with his work and he swears by sony he used to shoot canon.

Checked out your links. I wonder if that first one is legit, kinda looks photoshoped, but would be cool. Wonder what the price tag will be.

a99 - Best Buy

Get it directly from Sony and you also have a free grip...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back