Sony Alpha 7IV LCD Display Question

PhoT0GR@p3R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally made the jump to a full frame Sony MIrrorless camera with my purchases of an A7IV last week. I am loving it and am learning the new menu system. One question that I cannot seem to find an answer on is if it is possible to toggle the lcd dsiplay on and off? I have the device set to only have the EV display on, but can I map a button that allows me to turn off the larger lcd on the back of the camera? I am leaving the body on airplane mode to see how long I can make a battery charge last. I want to also set the lcd the this toggle for the same reason. I do like using it to see the camera settings, but don't typically shoot without using the viewfinder.

I finally made the jump to a full frame Sony MIrrorless camera with my purchases of an A7IV last week. I am loving it and am learning the new menu system. One question that I cannot seem to find an answer on is if it is possible to toggle the lcd dsiplay on and off? I have the device set to only have the EV display on, but can I map a button that allows me to turn off the larger lcd on the back of the camera? I am leaving the body on airplane mode to see how long I can make a battery charge last. I want to also set the lcd the this toggle for the same reason. I do like using it to see the camera settings, but don't typically shoot without using the viewfinder.

I have the A7RV which I guess is similar but have not tried mapping a button to the screen.
However as I use the EV 90% + of the time I turn my screen around so it is not on.
You can pull out the screen and turn it 180 degrees so the screen faces into the camera and the solid plastic back faces out - this turns the screen off.

Last edited:
In have the A7RV which I guess is similar but have not tried mapping a button to the screen.
However as I use the EV 90% + of the time I turn my screen around so it is not on.
You can pull out the screen and turn it 180 degrees so the screen faces into the camera and the solid plastic back faces out - this turns the screen off.
Thanks yea I was doing that as well. I like this screen on the lcd which I do use sometimes, I just thought it would be easier to find a way to turn it on and off with a push of a button.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back