Space Shuttle Discovery at the Udvar Haze Center - HDR

Vip... exactly, that's why mine has so much blue in it. That's how I remember seeing it when all of the lights were coming on. The blues and purples all around the room.

I'm loving all of the pictures.. some really great ways of looking at the same thing. I LOVE THIS!!!

This one is really cool

^ Nice. Whoever said these images were not for HDR is crazy.

We need to have more HDR shootout type things like we used to have around here.

^ I don't know why you called these tone mapped, they are not tone mapped. These are taken from 3 images all at different exposures, thus it is HDR.

I cant tell if you are trolling or not, so I am going to go outside and take some photos.

Look at the first two photos you posted....they look very tone mapped at least that what I think is causing the cartoonish/overcooked
colors.

Look at the first two photos you posted....they look very tone mapped at least that what I think is causing the cartoonish/overcooked
colors.

The first two I posted (OP) or the first 2 Parker posted?? I don't know who you're referring to.

The first two posted in this thread on page 1.

Those would be mine, and they are not tone mapped I can assure you.
I've posted all of the bracket sets for all of the pictures here, so if you want you're more then welcome to go out, download them and post for others to see.

OP-

Most HDR software tone maps the images. IF you are using photomatix look at the options on the top left it says tone mapping or exposure fusion, then in the drop down menu it shows, detail enhancer/Contrast Optimizer/Tone Compressor. These are all tomemapp options.

If you use Exposure fusion within Photomatix than its not tone mapped.

Most people use Tone Mapping, detail enhancer.

There is no way that your photos are not tone mapped.

Most reactions

Back