Spend a Night with Tweakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe these pictures are being allowed here. I'm shocked and disappointed in the Mods here if this is allowed.

I hope you're not trying to put words in my mouth... re-read my comment. There is nothing attacking in it. I was simply stating a fact. I have had the misfortune of losing friends to drugs. I do think the photos have value I certainly didn't ask why they were taken or why you would want to post them.

The only thing I said was that it looked like a romanticized vision of drug problems. Meth is a big problem in our country. It's hard for me to look at those photos since I know where the lifestyle leads to.

I cannot believe these pictures are being allowed here. I'm shocked and disappointed in the Mods here if this is allowed.

You're kidding right?

What exactly is the issue with the above pictures?

"Drugs?! No way! Unbelievable! If I don't do drugs, nobody should, and by God, they best not take pictures of people using drugs!"

This is a photography forum. The above pictures are photography. I see no resin, I mean reason, as to why the above pictures shouldn't be allowed here.

Censoring art is far more of a crime than doing any drug.

thanks for all the compliments everyone. so i think these i'll leave in this forum before i go. i don't like to waste my art (just a few here on tpf) with people who don't appreciate a good set of pictures and instead judge it for something else. but before i go i would like to tell the story behind this set.

So these are two of my friends that i had asked if it was ok to take pictures while they smoked meth. They agreed to it so we went back to the house and one friend decided to write on his shoe box "high life" before they smoked. So they smoke and smoke and smoke some more. as the meth disappears with every hit i see their eyes just wide open ready to take on any task. so they finish the sack they had picked up and soon enough were already craving for more. one made a call to his connect and was told an hour before they can get it. So countdown begins for at 12:34am. stuck in the room with nothing but boredom they both start cleaning and when they reach the clothes pile they end up trying on a few clothes. i was minding my own business taking picture after picture when i looked at the time and noticed it was already 2:11am. in my head i'm thinking "werent they suppose to pick up another sack?". well i look a little closer and see the 2 stuck with what they were doing not caring for anything that bothers them. Finally it reaches 5:34am and they leave to pick up the sack. One weakened by dehydration almost faints as he walks out the door. now i'm alone in this quiet garage. waiting because i know already from experience in the past that once they get back the same routine will happen again. something i hated about meth back in the day; getting stuck on something. the life of a tweaker. repeats itself over and over. is that the life you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back