Spring

Picksure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
You wouldn't know it today, with the snow, but the early spring weather has brought out the colours. This is the first to pop up in our yard every year.

552b47a4.jpg

And inspired by photo gal and her b&w mood of late, I gave it a go at b&w conversion.(I'm not real fond of the conversion) What do ya think?

d416457e.jpg

Glad to hear that spring is finally on its way to where you are, too, John!
And with the new happiness about the colours coming back into nature, I would always go for the colour version of a spring photo. Black and white does have its merits, no doubt. But spring is colour to me. Colour most of all. So I would want to see the colours of spring in a flower photo!

I think side by side, the two photos work really well together.
The colour version shows the life in the plant and then in the B&W it looks like it's dead. I like them both together. Or just the colour one on its own.

Thanks much!

The b&w was just one of those late night, bordem thingys. :mrgreen:

LaFoto said:
Glad to hear that spring is finally on its way to where you are, too, John!
And with the new happiness about the colours coming back into nature, I would always go for the colour version of a spring photo. Black and white does have its merits, no doubt. But spring is colour to me. Colour most of all. So I would want to see the colours of spring in a flower photo!

I am with LaFoto on this, spring means colour. You have captured it well.

Love the first shot, and the colours. Nice work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back