Springs Panorama (132KB)

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
A shot of Colorado Springs on a beautiful October morning a couple of days ago. Lots of new snow on the mountains but mostly green with a tinge of gold in town. I also provided a link to the large version if anyone is interested enough to wait for it to load. If you make if full size you scroll back and forth to see a lot of detail of the town. It was a beautiful morning. Even with a little snow left on the ground it was comfortable with just a cotton shirt on. This is three pictures stiched together with PS, taken with a circular polarizing filter. In the big version you can make out the Wet Mountains west of Pueblo to the left of the close mountain range and to the left of that the very faint image of the snow covered Spanish Peaks about 90 miles south near Walsenburg.

This is taken from the bench my friend and I sit at on our walks with my dog most mornings. She prefers hot weather but to me Colorado seems the most normal with a little snow around.

big version
http://www.drdansinfo.com/second.jpg

secondre650.jpg

Beautiful shot. I lived in the Springs back in the 70's when I was stationed there in the Air Force. I worked up in The Mountain... which was a very interesting place to work in during the cold war. :D I looked to see if I could see the road up to it, but either you can't see it from your big picture or I'm just not seeing it.

Nice job.

Mike

Of course I opened the link to have a look at the big picture, and I am so glad I did.
THAT is the sight that you get when you walk your dog!
Wow!
Spectacular!
And the sight on that particular day was brilliant. Yes, I did see the Spanish Peaks in the big photo. To be able to see for 90 miles... I am so impressed!
And can we also see your house?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back