St Mary's Church

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
37024368551_c1ce371e03_b.jpg

On the southern edge of the Ozark National forest, I found this on a ridge, just above Altus, Arkansas. It looked so great, I thought it was new, but it was actually built in the late 1800s and just recently was completely restored. The parishioners are largely the descendants of the men who built it by muleskinning everything up the mountain.

The inscriptions and stations of the cross in the church are all Latin or German.

Pretty much a classic Romanesque church:
36352157093_07061bfc09_b.jpg

This was over the exit. "As a deer longs for a running stream, so my soul longs for thee, my God." A very commonly-used Psalm in the early Christian church.
36767148640_b1809388d3_b.jpg

Very interesting series. Thank you for sharing

On the southern edge of the Ozark National forest, I found this on a ridge, just above Altus, Arkansas. It looked so great, I thought it was new, but it was actually built in the late 1800s and just recently was completely restored. The parishioners are largely the descendants of the men who built it by muleskinning everything up the mountain.

The inscriptions and stations of the cross in the church are all Latin or German.
Like the eries a well.

Like the eries a well.
Trouble with the "s" key.

:allteeth: Wondered about that. Thought maybe the eries was a church or something.

These are wonderful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back