Stanley Keg C&C

Rahb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Okay, this was the finals for this division. I went and tried to listen to some advice a few of you gave me. Tried to shoot in 1600, but I just couldn't stand the noise at 3200. Half the shots I did were at 2000 or 2500, those just happened to not be composed very well (cut off skates, heads, sticks, etc). I'm going to post 4 of what I think are the best of the collection.

C&C welcome. I'm no pro, and these aren't going in any magazine. Just trying to improve.

1) 1/800 sec f2.8
81mm, ISO 1600
$StingersLokoChampionship-2.jpg

2) 1/1000 sec f2.8
76mm, ISO 1600
$StingersLokoChampionship-12.jpg

3) 1/800 sec f2.8
86mm, ISO 1600
$StingersLokoChampionship-24.jpg

4) 1/800 sec f2.8
126mm, ISO 1600
$StingersLokoChampionship-8.jpg

Forgot to add, I did shoot in servo mode this time, and I think I was able to keep the players in better focus. still hard to get their faces tack sharp, but they seem sharp to me. I also used back button auto focus. made it easier to capture the shots I think.

I'd consider these an improvement. :thumbsup:

Also looks like you got your WB fixed.

Thank you. The first round was the day I got my new lens, and I just shot away, and tried to edit to make up for lack of work in camera due to my "new toy" feeling. These are more on par I would say with what I can do. Still much to learn. Fun hobby.....hockey too lol.

As long as you keep it as a hobby and enjoy the learning side and seeing improvement you will have fun. Once it feels like work, a lot of the fun is lost. You may find that you hit a plateau and don't see much improvement, never worry about this, it's happened to everyone, including myself and all the other professionals I work with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back