Strange circle in my pictures

Ihasacamera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I took some pictures at the dam today and found this thing in many of my pictures. Anybody have an idea what it is?

Problem Circled:

3534214798_88d465604c_b.jpg

Original:
3533393835_81a96db1d4_b.jpg

Problem also shows up in this one:

3534223420_d46c8b1c38_b.jpg

I appreciate any help :)

That looks like dust on your sensor. The Canon has a sensor cleaning feature. Try running it and blowing out the dust with an air bulb or canned air. Be careful if you use canned air though, some of those come out with a lot of force.

Yes, dust.

The last picture looks almost like it has a fingerprint on it though. You haven't been touching the sensor, have you? :lol:

Could be on the front of the lens, but I'm not really sure if that would show in the picture. Maybe a fingerprint on the rear element?

Just clone it out in Photoshop. A "spot" like that is nothing to worry about.

oh Duh...I am such a camera noob. I just google image searched dslr sensor dust and found a billion pictures with the same dots...

haha I haven't been touching the senor yet....I my try to clean my sensor off with a bit o vasoline and my pinky ;)

Thanks for the clarification! I'll try the sensor cleaner after my battery charges up.

oh Duh...I am such a camera noob. I just google image searched dslr sensor dust and found a billion pictures with the same dots...

haha I haven't been touching the senor yet....I my try to clean my sensor off with a bit o vasoline and my pinky ;)

Thanks for the clarification! I'll try the sensor cleaner after my battery charges up.

Just lock up the mirror, and blow hard into your camera while its upside down. Dust gets in any NUMBER of ways; even from the simple act of changing a lens will give dust enough time to slide in and do its dirty work.

I wouldn't recommend blowing into your camera as a regular course of action, little specks of spit on your sensor aren't exactly a good thing. Buying a rocket blower isn't a major investment.

I hope not, I'd love to read the thread "HELP! HOW DO I GET VASELINE OFF MY SENSOR?!!".

Also lowers the amount of noise when using higher ISO's. But only if applied directly to the sensor, and the viewer's eyeball simultaneously.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back