TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ooo... fire.

_MWY3229sm.jpg

Nice capture, did you use an assistant, or just ambidextrous?

actually... ha. as this was a spur of the moment thing it was the silliest setup in history. i was sitting at the dining room table, i held the box steady with my foot up on the table, the camera in other hand, and striking the match with the other hand. this would have all been well enough, but my macro lens is manual focus only. so my body was also rocking back and forth tp try to get the correct focus distance at the same time. next time i'm setting up a tri pod and getting someone to hold the box.

actually... ha. as this was a spur of the moment thing it was the silliest setup in history. i was sitting at the dining room table, i held the box steady with my foot up on the table, the camera in other hand, and striking the match with the other hand. this would have all been well enough, but my macro lens is manual focus only. so my body was also rocking back and forth tp try to get the correct focus distance at the same time. next time i'm setting up a tri pod and getting someone to hold the box.

thats even more impressive. I had someone striking the match while I tried to snap the photo.

heh, i think i'd have someone else hold the box and you strike the match, but have a tripod. striking the match yourself lets you control the speed of the strike and the timing of the shutter at the same time, which makes it easier to sync.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back