suggestion on camera backpack

Crumpler makes a wide variety of very nice photo bags as well. http://www.crumpler.ca/Cart/index.php?catId=22

I have the 5 Million Dollar home for when I need quick access to my camera and the The Whickey And Cox for when I need to carry around more gear. They're both great bags.

Do a search on e-bay they are half the price on there! My sister bought the same one I have and paid $50.00 for it I paid over 150 for it. The apolo is nice 2 another friend of mine bought it from ebay as well

Thanks for the input... Good point dpolston haven't thought about the inconvenience to pull the camera out in a fly if I need to...I guess you can't have the best of both worlds. Definately will stop to local store to check out some backpacks...

Here is one that looks really interesting to me - the Rotation 360...it is a backpack where you can slide the front pack over w/o taking the backpack off. I'm thinking about getting it myself:

http://www.rotation360.com/

Thanks...that is great backpack... not a bad idea to get it...

Good thread...I'm also looking for a new bag.

I just don't understand why someone would pay $200.00 for the exact same bag that you can buy for $50 on eBay. The 360 bag is cool, but I think your nuts to pay 200-300 for a backpack. I have a lowepro bag (I didn't pay the full price) And there is absolutely no difference in it to the $50 bags me and friends have from eBay. I'd rather put the left over 150 toward a lens fund.

My only concern is that the backpack must not look like I am carring a camera.

I think if anyone knows about camera bags and they see the label "Lowepro" or the other brands mentioned, they will know you have a camera in there unless you remove the label.

I think if anyone knows about camera bags and they see the label "Lowepro" or the other brands mentioned, they will know you have a camera in there unless you remove the label.

That's one of the really nice things about Crumpler. Their bags don't look like camera bags.

I swear someone was smokin something when they designed Crumpler's web site.. heheh lol

They don't look like camera bags because Crumpler started out making messenger bags for city bicyclists....

Tamrac and Lowepro both started out in photography. Personally, I hate backpacks (PITA to get to equipment) and I don't like photographic looking bags (targets you for theft). But I will have to agree Tamrac and Lowepro have put a lot of thought into their design.

My fav bag was just a regular canvas bag from a clothing store with Domke inserts.

I swear someone was smokin something when they designed Crumpler's web site.. heheh lol

They don't look like camera bags because Crumpler started out making messenger bags for city bicyclists....

Ha yeah, their site's definitely kind of... odd.

You're right; they didn't start by making camera bags, but they do still have some great stuff. Most of their camera bags are fully customizable using padded dividers with velcro so they can fit your gear perfectly. Might not be right for everyone, but I think it's a brand that's worth considering.

Most reactions

Back