Suggestions for Tripod under Rs.1500

Cool G5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gauravlive.com
I am in need of a tripod for my prosumer camera - Canon SX 100 IS. I am on a meagre budget of Rs.1500. I found Vivitar VPT 1200 W to fall under my budget. I went to my nearest shop & found the tripod to be quite good. I would like to upgrade my P&S Camera to a DSLR in future, so I feel the tripod which I purchase should be able to support it. Please recommend me some other model from any good brand if you feel is better than my current one. But remember, I cannot spend a penny more than Rs.1500.

To answer the OPs question, the tripod in question is not what I would call a great one, BUT, given your limited budget (Aprox $30 US) and the disparity in equipment prices between North America and India, I would say that it's a good compromise. Understanding you don't have the option to spend more now, could you wait for a while and save up for a better model?

If Rs.1500 = $30USD then about Rs.7500-10500 should get you something you can safely use and enjoy.

Don't worry about getting the best equipment, but always get the best equipment you can afford. If the Vivitar is the best that you're going to be able to afford for the forseeable future and you need a tripod, then get it, BUT be aware that it's not going to be up to taking the type of abuse that say a Gitzo or Manfrotto might be.

I don't know about that either... the best you can afford might not hold your camera, then you just wasted all your money plus risk damaging/ruining your equipment.

Thanks for the currency converter link, I usually use Google but had no idea what Rs was :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back