Sunflower_C&C Group 1

Cant really say anything more then all ready said, they look good and good idea.

What about trying it with couple flowers?

The first shot is great and you should leave it like that,.. meaning, move on to other subjects. Fooling around with the same subject over and over again, has always been a hindrance to me.

The first shot is great and you should leave it like that,.. meaning, move on to other subjects. Fooling around with the same subject over and over again, has always been a hindrance to me.
I agree, but before I have the motivation to go out for another shoot, I may as well exhaust the possibilities with what I have. When you take several shots, many times there is something there you havent 'seen' before. Plus, posting here allows others to chime in on a way of looking at the subject I might have not thought of.

I have always had an issue of revisiting old shots and PPing them to death. I dont want that to be an issue here, I did very little PP and once I print, I dont plan to revisit. I need to focus on other things anyway, as I just booked my first 'official' wedding, which presents a whole new array of worries.

I love the first one! If the 2nd one is an actual reflection, why did you put a bar in the middle? That makes it appear like the reflection is photoshopped.

I love the first one! If the 2nd one is an actual reflection, why did you put a bar in the middle? That makes it appear like the reflection is photoshopped.
Yes, I know. Embarassingly enough, the center looked really bad since the flower was laying flat and the petals folded in. Plus, you can see the green part of the flower which was incredibly distracting. Since I posted this, I realized I had better shots, but I did not think enough about using another pic before this post.

Oh well, thank you for taking the time to look!

We would be open to seeing more of the photos.
Of course, I will post a couple more tonight after I get home. I will post them in one of the other galleries though, as to not tick everyone off here by repeatedly bringing this back.

Thanks for the interest :D

... Anyway, thank you all again, I am making some big prints but wondered it any of you have any advice for a pro lab they have used and can recommend.

I'm no pro but have used Mpix.com for several orders over the past year and they have treated me very well in every aspect. If your monitor is not color calibrated, they will have 'color technicians' look at the photos on good monitors and tweak slightly. If you do have a calibrated monitor, you can simply check 'Do not color correct my photos' (and make sure you email tech support to get their ICC profiles for soft-proofing). They tend to be very personal - tech support usually emails me back within the hour, and their prices are very reasonable (IMO).

Also, they offer a wide range of specialty products in their 'Mpix Press' line which are great if you want them. I just got some business cards made up on their 'linen' paper and they came out really well. They also do 19 cent proofs if you have a calibrated monitor and will drop-ship directly to your customers (although I have never done it).

... Anyway, thank you all again, I am making some big prints but wondered it any of you have any advice for a pro lab they have used and can recommend.

I'm no pro but have used Mpix.com for several orders over the past year and they have treated me very well in every aspect. If your monitor is not color calibrated, they will have 'color technicians' look at the photos on good monitors and tweak slightly. If you do have a calibrated monitor, you can simply check 'Do not color correct my photos' (and make sure you email tech support to get their ICC profiles for soft-proofing). They tend to be very personal - tech support usually emails me back within the hour, and their prices are very reasonable (IMO).

Also, they offer a wide range of specialty products in their 'Mpix Press' line which are great if you want them. I just got some business cards made up on their 'linen' paper and they came out really well. They also do 19 cent proofs if you have a calibrated monitor and will drop-ship directly to your customers (although I have never done it).
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to respond, I had almost forgot I asked ;) I will check them out as this is not the first time I have heard the name used in a positive light.

In fact, I might use them for my business cards as well... once I am set up.

I'd like to see the second shot without the bar, just cuz.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back