Sunrise at Boston Light

I like the 2nd image best...I think it is a much stronger composition than the 1st image - I might be tempted to shave a little on top & bottom - I think the square crop would work nicely..., just my 2 cents...

Cheers & Happy Fourth!!!

Wonderful images! I read that the government is auctioning off lighthouses.
Thanks Jeff.

I like the 2nd image best...I think it is a much stronger composition than the 1st image - I might be tempted to shave a little on top & bottom - I think the square crop would work nicely..., just my 2 cents...

Cheers & Happy Fourth!!!

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback. I don’t really like a square crop unless it’s my only option.

I applaud your dedication to get up that early. I actually prefer the environmental context of the 1st shot. It seems more balanced in the frame, and the crop does away with the house on the left with the light in the window.

I applaud your dedication to get up that early. I actually prefer the environmental context of the 1st shot. It seems more balanced in the frame, and the crop does away with the house on the left with the light in the window.
Ha! This was on the way home from an “all nighter” shooting the Milky Way on the Cape. Normally I save the sunrise shoots for spring and fall when the get out of bed time is closer to 5…

Lovely shots.... :encouragement:
thanks….

Wow - beautiful sky effects from the nasty wildfires! Sometimes you have to hunt for that silver lining. ;)

These are both great!

I like both. An all nighter??? You are a dedicated photographer!

Another insomniac special.

My thoughts also. The first shot for me. You could crop that a bit tighter but the house on the LHS is important to the comp.

I like the first shot very much but am not a fan of the crop. The first photo has a certain romance lent to it by the small house on the left of the closer lighthouse and the sheer sense of space in general: both of which are lost in the crop. The lilac hues are beautiful.

Waking up early is always dangerous, but while I like the original crop, I feel it has too much sky and water that to me, pulled my eye upward and not so much to the two lighthouses...thus the more pano-ish crop. I did do a bit of a frequency separation to pop the contrast slightly and added just a touch more of lilac to the foreground waters. (Other than the crop, my edit could also be the difference in monitor calibration.)

sharon.jpg

Wow - beautiful sky effects from the nasty wildfires! Sometimes you have to hunt for that silver lining. ;)

These are both great!
Thanks!

I like both. An all nighter??? You are a dedicated photographer!
Yeah it was weeks ago and still recovering lol. Unfortunately it kills the whole weekend for me if I go out for the Milky Way window at this time of year. I spend the whole next day “resting” and then have to run around doing all the stuff I put off while I was out of pocket for 24 hours. Usually I end up taking it easy for a few days after that. At 58 I just don’t have the stamina that I used to. Post Covid 2x I still get tired easily.

I like the little house on the left with one warm light in a window. My crop of this would include that house.
Yes including the house in the landscape shot was important. If I print this it will definitely be that one. The crop was more for posting on social media as most people are viewing ona phone and the closer view is more eye catching.

I like the first shot very much but am not a fan of the crop. The first photo has a certain romance lent to it by the small house on the left of the closer lighthouse and the sheer sense of space in general: both of which are lost in the crop. The lilac hues are beautiful.
Thanks very well put. I don’t disagree.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back