bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've posted a number of shots from up on a lake where I also recently took the Eagle photos. The lake is located at coordinates: 30.352821, -85.556598 Each morning is of course different, but I thought it might be fun to show you what happens in the span of ten minutes, give or take.

Shot 1 is very predawn. Not even much of a hint of color though it is getting significantly lighter. From this time until the sun cracks the treeline, encompasses not much more than ten minutes.

pre-dawn-shot-1.jpg

Shot 2 starts the first hints of definition and color. I am showing the shoreline immediately at 45 degrees to my right

Pre-Dawn-shot-2.jpg

Shot 3 is definite color and its when we get a real good handle on exactly where the sun will break

pre-dawn-3.jpg

Shot 4, the sun breaks and we get perhaps another three minutes with the boat pilot deftly maneuvering the boat to drift through the treeline for varying shots.

The-Day-Breaks.jpg

Shot 5 is my "through the trees" pick

sunrise-final.jpg

Very nice. Number 4 is my favorite though. Having recently tried this I really struggled with keeping the sun from blowing out, any hint how you accomplished it so well in 4 and 5.

Love the delicate color in the first three. Would like more variety in color in the last two -- they're a bit too monotone.

Love the delicate color in the first three. Would like more variety in color in the last two -- they're a bit too monotone.

I'll send in your request to the big guy but I think his answer will be, "hey, take what I give you and like it, or...."

I very rarely touch color sliders unless it is to desaturate a color.

Very nice. Number 4 is my favorite though. Having recently tried this I really struggled with keeping the sun from blowing out, any hint how you accomplished it so well in 4 and 5.

I expose for the bright and process for the dark. This really only works real well if you are shooting in RAW and processing with LR or PS and even better yet if you can work in channel and luminosity masks.

I expose for the bright and process for the dark. This really only works real well if you are shooting in RAW and processing with LR or PS and even better yet if you can work in channel and luminosity masks.

Did all of the above, plus a multiple image blend, but the sun and reflection in the water was killing me. Need to go back and revisit my raw file of images and try again.

Amazing how fast things change at your latitude. Where I live this sequence would have run you at least an hour. For this group, #5 is my favourite.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back