Sunset on the Monticello Lawn

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
jefferson21.jpg

An area called the Monticello Lawn, in between Mt Jefferson and Mt Washington in New Hampshire. This huge alpine meadow gets it's name from the mountain's namesake, Thomas Jefferson's southern estate The Monticello. To give some perspective, the rocks to the bottom right of the frame are taller than me. Mt Jefferson is the 3rd highest peak in New England.

Thanks for having a look!

Very nice. Really like the way you captured the sun illuminating the middle ground. Hopefully, you had no issues getting back down after sunset?

Thanks! No real issues getting down, it was still blue hour heading down and being above treeline most of the way helped a lot. There are some very steep rocky sections but all 3 of us made it down without any slips or falls.

Thats some view! I'd like to eventually get into hiking.

Thanks man! I've really been getting into hiking this summer, actually buying the right gear and such. I definitely don't set any records (pack a day smoker) but I've noticed increased stamina and I don't feel like I'm dying the whole way up like I did earlier this summer. Plus views like this keep me going back

Most reactions

New Topics

Back