Sunset over the Desert

flygning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
California001.jpg

Ooh, every time the rays of the sun sneak in between the clouds, I feel the moment is special. Beautiful capture. My personal preference would be to crop the bottom 10% of the image, but that's just me.

Thanks! Unfortunately, that "special moment" lasted about half an hour, as I was driving into the sunset on my way to California. Good thing I had a pair of sunglasses.

I agree with cropping of the darker bottom section - the mountains in the far background would have worked well, but the closer up areas are more detracting then attracting. Good capture and safe driving!

I definitely do not think you should crop the bottom of the pic, I think having a picture of just the sky (or the sky with a teeny strip of land) would be boring.

I love the shot, amazing light rays.

I was thinking along the same lines as RKW3-- I almost feel that if there were no land there, the shot would loose its perspective. I'll play around with different crops and see. Thanks for the input!

Victoria,

I think you've gotten about all you're going to get out of this shot. You did the best thing by getting some land in there, but honestly, without some type of interesting silhouette, it's just a wonderful looking wallpaper.

You've got a great eye/talent/gift, whatever you want to call it. Try not to spend too much time on the beautiful losses. Some you just have to walk away from. Just my thoughts.

Every now and then I see a photo I want to play with and your settings say it's ok so I hope u don't mind. I don't have PS (or any PS skills for that matter) so I used Microsoft Picture Manager. :stun: I cropped it both ways and upped the contrast and darkened the midtones. Hope u like! :sillysmi:

California001.jpg

California001a.jpg

I don't mind a bit, Diaboleque. I always like seeing someone else's take on my photos.

I haven't decided if I like it better with or without the bottom part cropped. I guess I'll leave it alone though- it is the one photo of mine that we have a print of in this house, and everyone thinks it is great. I guess I don't mind that :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back