Sunset over the Sleeping Lady

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by BrettG, Aug 16, 2004.

1. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

Taken with my canon rebel K2, not sure of the exposure as I'm a newbie and let it auto detect :) no edits except for cropping.

[​IMG]

My last night in Alaska, before we left for the airport, we stopped at this inlet to watch some people fish for salmon. One of the guys with us decided to join them, so meanwhile I had my camera with me and saw this absolutely gorgeous sunset. I ran towards it to get a better composition and there was a large flock of seagulls that took off into the air when they saw me coming, I thought it made for a great shot.

EDIT: forgot to explain the title, that mountain on the horizon is called "the sleeping lady" which, if you look at right, it looks like.

2. mavrik

mavrik TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The birds in this shot are pretty cool. Overall, I like red/orange sunsets better than yellow, but this isn't bad. I wish you were closer to the water so the reflection and sky were all that were in the picture. Nice pano crop.

3. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

Excellent! Maybe remove the vertical projection that runs into the mountain :cheer:

4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice! And I see the sleeping lady!

5. santino

santino TPF Noob!

Oh man, nice title and nice picture... they fit together :) really good work

6. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

Yeah that kinda bugs me too, I have no idea what it is, but I only have photostudio and I'm not sure how to get rid of something like that.

I woulda gone even close to the water but there was only a short time before we needed to leave for the airport so I didn't wanna get left behind :D I am very happy with the way this picture turned out though, and had I gotten closer the birds would have been gone anyway.