Sunset over the Sleeping Lady

BrettG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken with my canon rebel K2, not sure of the exposure as I'm a newbie and let it auto detect :) no edits except for cropping.

SleepingLadySunset.jpg

My last night in Alaska, before we left for the airport, we stopped at this inlet to watch some people fish for salmon. One of the guys with us decided to join them, so meanwhile I had my camera with me and saw this absolutely gorgeous sunset. I ran towards it to get a better composition and there was a large flock of seagulls that took off into the air when they saw me coming, I thought it made for a great shot.

EDIT: forgot to explain the title, that mountain on the horizon is called "the sleeping lady" which, if you look at right, it looks like.

The birds in this shot are pretty cool. Overall, I like red/orange sunsets better than yellow, but this isn't bad. I wish you were closer to the water so the reflection and sky were all that were in the picture. Nice pano crop.

Excellent! Maybe remove the vertical projection that runs into the mountain :cheer:

jonmikal said:
Excellent! Maybe remove the vertical projection that runs into the mountain :cheer:
Yeah that kinda bugs me too, I have no idea what it is, but I only have photostudio and I'm not sure how to get rid of something like that.

I woulda gone even close to the water but there was only a short time before we needed to leave for the airport so I didn't wanna get left behind :D I am very happy with the way this picture turned out though, and had I gotten closer the birds would have been gone anyway.

Most reactions

Back