Super-Wide, Super-Telephoto, or Macro?

Sure, now all the telephoto folks come out and voice their opinions. That's okay, I'm happy with the purchase I made. My dad was in the telephoto lovers category too -- he's got a 300mm but he wants more now, so he was egging me on for the 200-500 zoom (he's got a Sony and I have a KM, so he had his reasons).

All in all, though, it seems like most people prefer a wide lens over a telephoto. I guess I fall into that bucket too... for now.

Sure, now all the telephoto folks come out and voice their opinions. That's okay, I'm happy with the purchase I made. My dad was in the telephoto lovers category too -- he's got a 300mm but he wants more now, so he was egging me on for the 200-500 zoom (he's got a Sony and I have a KM, so he had his reasons).

All in all, though, it seems like most people prefer a wide lens over a telephoto. I guess I fall into that bucket too... for now.

Yeah, of course we all support it now that you bought it... :)

Actually I prefer tele zooms over prime zooms, but that's just because the type of shooting I do benefits more from the flexibility of the zoom. But this particular prime tele is a good choice imho, so hope you enjoy the lens!

impossible for me to pick out of 1 and 2
I'd hate to get rid of my Sigma 12-24 (the cloud maker) or my Canon 300mm F2.8 IS

but its far easier to carry a ultra wide around than a big tele lens

not a lot of help really am I? :lol:

Typos aside, I'm also a fan of the zoom lenses. I know the quality isn't as good as a prime, but the convenience outweighs this fact for me. I did however get a prime macro since I couldn't see a great need for the zoom feature on the 1:1 shots, plus I'm covered up to 200mm for all other shots. Maybe this lens will convert me, but I think I'll still be a fan of the zoom.

Most reactions

Back