Surfs Up! Sydney Australia

HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, long time no post here. Thought i'd throw a few of these up here.
I don't usually take surfing pics but a friend told me about a decent swell so I went and had a look and got these.

img0422web.jpg

img0561web.jpg

img0467web.jpg

img0468web.jpg

5. Surfs Up
img0655web.jpg

6. Wipe Out
img0670web.jpg

img0690web.jpg

Very nice!

What is your setup?

I'm jealous! Living in a land locked state I don't get the chance to shoot stuff like this.

Nice set, cheers for sharing. You'll have to get a floating waterproof set-up or something next. ;)

Thanks guys, for these it was a just a 5D Mark II and the 400 f/5.6L on a monopod.

"just"

How long did you spend taking these shots? Looks like you woulda had to be quite patient to get this number of good action shots.

Thanks guys, for these it was a just a 5D Mark II and the 400 f/5.6L on a monopod.

"just"

How long did you spend taking these shots? Looks like you woulda had to be quite patient to get this number of good action shots.

Hehe... When I said just in that post I thought about it after. Meaning every boy and his dog has a 5D Mark II these days. The 400 f/5.6L is pretty damn sweet for the money and if your using it in well lit conditions.

I was shooting between ISO200 and ISO400 for these. I really want a 600 f/4L:drool::drool:

Spent a good two hours there, I was with a friend so we were chatting and having a laugh at the same time. Made the time fly! I think I got some more keepers from this set, just went through the ones that popped out at me first. ;)

Thanks for the feedback so far guys :hugs:

Great set
icon_thumright.gif
Although I might have tried to crop out the breaking wave in the foreground of the second one :)

Yes, these are fantastic!! Im gonna go to the beach tomorrow and shoot some surfers.

Most reactions

Back