Surprise Concert, no prep - Please let me know what you think!

dvjproductions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
dvjphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess some people (mainly me) should read up on local events in the places they vacation. I had no idea that the 'midnight madness' event included live music. I had my camera from earlier in the day, but I had nothing but the lens that was on the body to work with. I think these turned out pretty well, please feel free to comment on what I could do better. It is not an area of photography I intend to get into, but its fun to shoot when there are shots.

I am pretty sure this one (sax player) has a shadow on his neck, but it could be a bruise or something. If it is a shadow, it certainly not apparent where it is coming from.

Edit: Words, also fixed linking issue

The sax player shadow issue is really ticking me off. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Also, please let me know anything I could have done differently here with these shots keeping in mind the constraints.

Looking at the full-size image, it looks like it might be a portwine stain, but the image seems a little soft & noisy so I can't say for certain. Overall, nice set.

Looking at the full-size image, it looks like it might be a portwine stain, but the image seems a little soft & noisy so I can't say for certain. Overall, nice set.

Yea, grainy for sure. T3 rebel isn't exactly the best body and its terrible at high ISO's I find. I am looking to upgrade asap.

I love the shot of the drummer - the lighting on the building behind him echoes the wooden rim of the kick beautifully - wish this was landscape maybe? Shot a little wider so's not to cut off parts of the kit (although that's probably the muso in me rather than the photographer!).

Looking at the full-size image, it looks like it might be a portwine stain, but the image seems a little soft & noisy so I can't say for certain.
To me it looks like the shadow of a microphone off to camera right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back