Survivors

Danad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let's see if you like this photos...I took the last 3 today, in my town is snowing!:wink:

120552.jpg

125318.jpg

TRANDAFIR1.jpg

FLORICELE.jpg

TRANDAFIRI2.jpg

4 &5 are my favorites. Lighting is good and you can see the snow crystals more. In 5, watch your framing, your just about to clip the flower petals in a couple places. Do you tripod ever? That could give you a little bit sharper image, especially with the snow crystals. #3 is just too blown out for me..If thats what your going for, then it works well.

uberben in #3 the flower was the subject, so the focus was on the flower, so the snow wasn't important. The idea of the picture ( in my head al least:lol: ) was to show the beauty of the flower who survived in the snow, so I never intended to focus on the snow cristals, . I hope my words make sens, because I'm very tired andit's very late ( almost 1.am) :lol: With #5 you're right...I'll try another crop on it.

wow its late for you...4:54pm for me and i'm still at work for another 4 hrs....:( What I meant with #3 is that the blown out portion of the snow distracts from the beauty of the flower itself. I have to try really hard to not focus on the really bright snow portion of that photo.

I quite like that straggly "survivor-daisy" in the first photo, only do I wonder why you are presenting it to us this small?

In the second pic I see why it needs to be shown small, there is some camera shake there from too little light which would become more and more obvious, the larger you'd make the photo, but I cannot quite detect that in 1... so I would love to see that little daisy next to its still all "healthy looking" peer in a larger photo.

And while I see what you wanted to achieve in the first of the two rose-photos, I must agree that the snow is a bit "blown" (i.e. overexposed, no longer showing any detail), so you might want to expose a little less once you try to reshoot (if that is possible?) - and I am not happy with the bright snow as opposed to the heavy vignetting in that photo.

I tend to also like 4 and 5 best of your little series here.
Who was it in Canada who posted his "backyard" as it presented itself to him in the morning? With HEAPS of snow and not ONE flower left to be seen? :scratch: *
I am so NOT ready for winter and ice and snow as yet... so very NOT! :roll:

*Ah sure: it was our "surfingfireman", look_here .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back