Swallow feeding baby

*Bob*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I noticed a baby Swallow perched on an old barn near where we live.
After a short wait, mum turned up and offered a great photo opportunity.

SwallowsFeeding.jpg

Bob, this is absolutely fantastic, a birlliant shot.
I cant think of much to say to this photo, you have got a lot of movement, a brilliant background, nice foreground interest...perhaps a bit of contrast and saturation? maybe a play with levels could make this better?

What a beauty!
fantastic capture... love that blur in the wings :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi,
Nikon D70
F5.6
ISO 200
1/125sec
70-300 Zoom @ 300mm

It was really lucky.These little swallows are so quick and fly very erratically.They can turn on a dime.
Ive followed this family since they hatched out in an old barn near where I live.
Ive been able to catch a few good shots of them, and because I'm there a lot, they seem to be quite used to me and let me get quite near, as long as I don't make any sudden movements.
I've realized that its pointless trying to follow them in the air through the view finder, as they just move and change direction to quickly.Instead I focus and set my exposure on a point where I think they may fly into and wait.
On this occasion I noticed the young bird,focused on it, and just hoped mum would bring some food.
I waited until the adult bird came into shot and held the shutter down.
Out of 5 frames this one caught her just as she made the exchange.

This one is sooo good, I have called all my family members to come and admire it!

That picture is simply amazing. I've been looking at it all morning and finally mustered up enough to actually type without sounding like an idiot. Great shot and your other swallow lets us know that we'll be seeing great things from you.

Great capture and, clearly, your approach to obtaining these shots is spot on. You'd drive yourself nuts trying to follow these guys around. :lol:

Beautiful shot, great DOF and detail. I just love looking at it! :D I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.

This is a fantastic photo. You must have been waiting there for ages waiting for that moment! Well Done Mate!

Which of your cameras did you use to shoot this picture and where were you out of intrest?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back