Sydney Opera House C&C

rickp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
are these any good? just playing around with the d60 on this gorgeous sydney weekend

ophrahouse.jpg

operahouse.jpg

1. i like the composition of this, but there seems to be a little Vignetting. i think the color is off and it is crooked.

2. this is out of focus and really does nothing for me.

1 it's to close to the object to get a real sence of where you were.
2 to far to be intresting. A simple crop will fix that(unless it's blured, but I can't tell on this iPod).

thankks guys... whas vignetting? these were taken while a polarising filter was attached to my lens, i suppose it has something to do with that?

in the second photo it did turn out blurry when i posted it but it is actually quite clear. ill crop it a little and then post it again

Slash: i was trying something different in the composition of the photo, and i wanted to show the detail of the tiles in the sails.
h
Here in sydney that would be instantly recognisable as being the sails of the house.

How do you figure that the picture is crooked? i have been staring at it for quite a while and cant figure out how it could be straighter.

thanks again :)

BTW does photobucket compress the photos you upload onto their site? if so wich photohosting websites are better for hosting photos?

Well I'm guessing he thinks its crooked because he has nothing to compair what level is. Btw the crop made it much better. And I think flickr's free accounts have little compression and pro accounts have none.

1 it's to close to the object to get a real sence of where you were.

For you, maybe, but for a lot of others it's quite obvious.

That being said, the Opera House has had lots of photos done of it. Lots. So think a little more.

Most reactions

Back