T-Max 100 & T-Max 400 120 Roll Backing Issue and Ektachrome 100 Update

Discussion in 'Film Discussion and Q & A' started by AlanKlein, Nov 28, 2017.

1. AlanKlein

AlanKlein No longer a newbie, moving up!

I just communicated with Thomas Mooney, Film Capture Business Manager, Kodak Alaris. He provided the following information that you may find useful.

T-Max 100 in 120 roll backing paper issue is fully resolved and they are back in production. They will be shipping this week to distributors and stock house dealers around the world starting with the first emulsion 0983.

T-Max 400 in 120 roll had the backing issue resolved before and the film started with emulsion.

Ektachrome 100 status: He stated: "Relative to EKTACHROME 100 status, the bulk of the activity is now focused on narrow coating work to optimize curve shape based on what was learned in the first wide event. Given the progress to-date, we are optimistic that the new film could be generally available in Q1 of 2018."

Thomas J. Mooney | Film Capture Business Manager
    Kodak Alaris Inc., 2400 Mount Read Blvd., Rochester, NY 14615-03020
    thomas.j.mooney@kodakalaris.com | Office: 585.310.5776 | Mobile: 585.520.2639
    www.kodakalaris.com

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. timor

timor Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the info. I didn't get any of this new rolls yet but maybe Kodak "solution" of the problem may make the film unusable in cameras with manual film positioning like Holgas and old folders due to very faint printing of numbers and numbers missing the little red window. That is the solution: less ink instead of high quality ink.

3. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Thank you Alan, that is a big help for me, considering my busy schedule. You are the man.

4. benhasajeep

benhasajeep No longer a newbie, moving up!

Top Poster Of Month

Cool. Thanks for sharing.