TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tcproimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
234456024-X3.jpg

234456048-X3.jpg

I am not an insect person per say but your macro images are stunning! I'd recommend a name change to Macro God or something.... :lol: Very impressive work TC.

Truly superb work, One thing I have always loved about photography is its ability to show use things in the natural world that we can't normally perceive.

For example Infrared, long exposures, astrophotography etc.
your macro work is a perfect example of this, keep up the great work.

I love them both, but the second one gets my vote because you can really see the amazing feathering on his back leg! I also love the way you exposed the paper-thin wings in the first image. :)

That first one is very impressive. For me, the shallow DoF detracts slightly from the image, but only because I want to see the wings just as sharp as the rest of the fly. I'll obviously have to keep my eyes open for your stuff in the future.

Gorgeous! (i never thought i'd say that about a fly)
Do your pictures actually look like that straight out of the camera?

Gorgeous! (i never thought i'd say that about a fly)
Do your pictures actually look like that straight out of the camera?

Thanks Ajay. The RAW I get from the camera requires only very small adjustments. I make these adjustments in Digitial Photo Professional (DPP) including crop and resize, Then convert to TIFF, and compensate for any lose in the conversion using Paint Shop Pro (usually add a little sharpness) then add a frame, then convert to JPG. That's it.

One of the biggest reasons I use the software that came with my camera (DPP) is because it retains in-camera settings making my images look very close to what I want from the start.

That's insanely awesome. I'm almost inspired to get interested in macro, if I wasn't interested in shooting wildlife, and horses. Though I enjoy shooting close-ups...perhaps I should start! I looooove the second one, the detail is superb.

How do the fly sit there when you approach them with your gadgets? You must be banned from posting any more Macro shots...lol

Thanks Ajay. The RAW I get from the camera requires only very small adjustments. I make these adjustments in Digitial Photo Professional (DPP) including crop and resize, Then convert to TIFF, and compensate for any lose in the conversion using Paint Shop Pro (usually add a little sharpness) then add a frame, then convert to JPG. That's it.

One of the biggest reasons I use the software that came with my camera (DPP) is because it retains in-camera settings making my images look very close to what I want from the start.

Do you saturate images?

Thanks everyone!!

Ketan- It takes patience, sometimes they fly away and sometimes they don't. This is also cropped, Full fram eis much harder, you will scare them. I probably scare away more than I get.

re:Saturation. I add +1 for Saturation. I do this in-camera.

Really, The only thing I sometimes have to change is White Balance and brightness. I normally always bump up the sharpness before I convert.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back