Take The A Train

Daniel The Cool

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday. The song got me to try this trick.
19341210170_1a8ea51993_b.jpg

Daniel

Yesterday, all of my troubles seemed pretty far away. They're definitely here to stay, but, oh, I do believe in yesterday.

Nice! Was this train stationary or moving?

I wouldn't consider black and white a "trick."
Thats not the trick. The trick was to take a picture of the oldest subway car (Built back in 1964) and relate it to the song. The Black And White edit was kinda a last minute move I wanted to add to it.

When was this picture taken? I take the A everyday and had not seen this model in ages.

I like it in B&W. And now I'll probably have that song stuck in my head.

I can't say it takes me back to that era, seems more modern (and looked again and see the car is from the '60s which seems to fit with the surroundings). I think there might be too much background showing for the shot to seem more vintage.

I think it's partly that post to the left, against the blackest part of the photo it seems to really stand out. I might have played around some with the vantage point and perspective to bring the viewer in more to see the train.

I wouldn't consider black and white a "trick."
Thats not the trick. The trick was to take a picture of the oldest subway car (Built back in 1964) and relate it to the song. The Black And White edit was kinda a last minute move I wanted to add to it.

The real trick is to decide whether you want a photo to be colour or black and white before you take it. This should be clear from the start and never added at the last minute on a whim.

I don't know the song and don't know the A train, so, for me this is not more than a common b&w photo.
I have tried to capture your "trick" - if you don't like it I will remove the edited photo.
Nostalgia (it is good thinking: a song from the '30s and this train from the '60s) is much more than just a black-and-white conversion, because nostalgia is memories, sentiment, mood, feelings.
Visualizing a feeling or mood is not easy, don't make things too difficult, when you have to explain a photo from A - Z this normally means it's not an okay photo.
I cut of a piece on the right (a woman standing in the back) and left, put in a zoom blur, a brownish tone and an small amount of noise.

train-made.jpg

I actually like it. Nice edit

Most reactions

New Topics

Back