Tally Ho's Submission. Outdoor Bridal Portrait

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Tally Ho, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Tally Ho

Tally Ho TPF Noob!

Since I created a small stir in a posting on this site about bridal portraits, I thought I would post one in the critique forum that I did about two weeks ago in my outdoor studio. This is an all naturally lit image. Original on Kodak Portra 400NC film then converted to digital by my lab.

Tally Ho

Ok, I quadrupled the size of the original.

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's a bit too small to critique...can't see it well enough.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree; a larger image would show detail better, if you'd care to resubmit. :) The pose certainly is lovely, but that's all I can tell from this size.

4. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    real nice wedding portrait. i like how dark the area is, it helps center your focus onto the bride. the bride is overexposed in the gown, which i like alot for most wedding photos, so that is good (and i'm sure with slide film it was tough metering the scene to still get detail in the background). the framing of the leaves in the top is nice, but i'm not completely sure if it works here. it doesnt add much, and it distracts me from the bride. I think it would have been better if you were under those leaves and got closer, maybe using a wider lens. nonetheless, this is a good portrait, the lighting is good, and the pose and expression of the bride are nice and quiet. I'm sure she is very happy with it!