tamarix

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Common names: Tamarisk, Salt Cedar

A highly invasive species of tree that is taking over desert springs and destroying habitat. They steal immense amounts of water and produce salt, killing native plant species.

With the last bit of sunlight I found myself in a particularly unattractive location. This was the best I could do with it. I do need a picture of one of these for my web site, so now I got one.

429-5x7-j9054.jpg

Boo. Hiss. That's aimed at the tree, not your picture. No one who loves the wilderness is fond of invasive exotic species.

Boo. Hiss. That's aimed at the tree, not your picture. No one who loves the wilderness is fond of invasive exotic species.
Ring Neck Pheasant? Brown Trout? Scotch Pine? - TF

Last edited:
I plead guilty to overgeneralization.

I like this photo for the fact that you seem to have made good use (once again!) of the last light of the day, it so nicely outlines the stem of that tree and "sculptures" the texture of its bark. The foreground greenery ... is that part of the tree, too?

I thought they were pretty cool and harmless at first- But boy do they suck water!

I like this photo for the fact that you seem to have made good use (once again!) of the last light of the day, it so nicely outlines the stem of that tree and "sculptures" the texture of its bark. The foreground greenery ... is that part of the tree, too?

Thanks. I need more careful planning as to where I'm going to be at sunset 150 miles from my house. Yes, the little branch is growing from the root as did the tree in the shot grow from the root of the huge tree to my left out of the picture.

Most reactions

Back