Tamron SP 150-600mm .. anybody getting one?

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Cool.. thanks.. Missed that thread.

Kind of excited to see how it handles daytime youth field sports.. Hope i don't have to pull a 'rockwell' and send it back due to poor AF performance :)

Ok I know state laws do vary but I'm pretty sure no matter what state your in if you are pulling your "rockwell" at a youth sporting event you'll most likely end up getting arrested. Just food for thought.. lol

My name is on the second one the local B&M store gets in.

My local camera store doesn't slum around with Sigma or Tamron... Snobs! So i pre-ordered at B&H.

Any word if its hand-hold-able? I know its about the same weight as a 70-200.. but im wondering about balance.

My local camera store doesn't slum around with Sigma or Tamron... Snobs! So i pre-ordered at B&H.

Any word if its hand-hold-able? I know its about the same weight as a 70-200.. but im wondering about balance.

Here's two shots I took with one, and I made no effort to use good/proper steadying technique:

SOOC 1
SOOC 2

Well, it's lighter than the Sigma 150-500 and I hand hold that lens 98% of the time I'm shooting with it.

Here's two shots I took with one, and I made no effort to use good/proper steadying technique:

SOOC 1
SOOC 2

Sparky, your in Iowa?

Yeah, I'm about 98% certain I'll be picking one up as soon as the Nikon version is available. I've even already got a buyer lined up for my Sigma 150-500!

I think I may put off the tamron 150-600 and see if I can snag a deal on a Sig 150-500 :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back