Tamron vs. Canon f/2.8 zoom bokeh comparison

Which bokeh do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Between B & C the bokeh looks very identical to me, however the close up of the eye looks better on C.

As for bokeh on the Blad.. that's sad :( Larger formats give better depth of field control.. you'd think that'd allow for some nice bokeh, guess the lens didn't cut it :p

B is the Canon. C is the Tamron. Before this test I would choose which lens to use based on whether I thought 24mm or 75mm was going to be more useful. Seeing that the Tamron is 1/3rd stop faster changes things though. I need to see if I can spot a significant difference between the Tamron at f/3.2 and the Canon at f/2.8.

Thanks so much for this and your other thread. I wish there were more reviews/comparisons for lenses out there that were done like this one has been. I think you've convinced me to buy the Tamron, even though I was saving up for the Canon for the better focus and better sharpness that I equated with Ls. Although the Canon does appear a little more sharp to me, it's not enough to warrant a price tag around 3x as much.

Thanks so much for this and your other thread. I wish there were more reviews/comparisons for lenses out there that were done like this one has been. I think you've convinced me to buy the Tamron, even though I was saving up for the Canon for the better focus and better sharpness that I equated with Ls. Although the Canon does appear a little more sharp to me, it's not enough to warrant a price tag around 3x as much.

I feel the same way, but now i have to debate whether or not i want to pay triple the price for the amount of time and the amount of abuse the L will take....

One comment: bokeh is usually most interesting when it shows points of light... can you do some shots with light sources, or better yet: reflected sunlight. Grey cloudy days are not as good as sunny ones for this kind of thing... think of light reflecting off leaves, or sun bouncing off chrome bumpers and shiney edges...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back