"Tawny Frogmouth ..."

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
untitled-542-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

I love these guys, especially when they open their mouths. They are on my list if I ever get to Australia. Very nice shot. How is the colour version?

I love these guys, especially when they open their mouths. They are on my list if I ever get to Australia. Very nice shot. How is the colour version?

Thank you very much, you don't need to go to Australia - just visit a half-way decent zoo.

The colour version was not all that exciting; thus B&W, which in my opinion it really suite this subject.

Thanks Again, Have A Great Day!

Enezdez

What a weird looking fellow!

I, too, would like to see a color version.

A bit like our Common Potoo. Same feeding strategy I think.

Now that I'm viewing it on my monitor, I can see that it looks like you applied background blur in post, and imo, it doesn't look that great. The tree stump looks like it's glowing.

If that isn't what you did, then forgive me, but that's how it looks.

Now that I'm viewing it on my monitor, I can see that it looks like you applied background blur in post, and imo, it doesn't look that great. The tree stump looks like it's glowing.

If that isn't what you did, then forgive me, but that's how it looks.

That's not what I did...lol. Since, this was at the zoo the background is largely painted on the walls to mimic the bird's indigenous geographical region along with some natural habitat from where the bird can be found.

EXIF DATA:
D750
f/2.8
ISO 1600
1/250 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
122 mm

Thus at an aperture of f/2.8 due to the DOF the background is blurred.

Thank you all for your inputs!

Cheers,

Enezdez

If you say so, I believe you. Just saying that's how it looks.

As you wish, photos taken on the Gold Coast hinterland, Queensland, Australia. The "Tawny" is often referred to (incorrectly) as an 'Owl' when it is in fact a member of the Nightjar family.

DSCN8949-1.JPG

DSCN8950-1.JPG
Tawny Frogmouth 1.jpg

As you wish, photos taken on the Gold Coast hinterland, Queensland, Australia. The "Tawny" is often referred to (incorrectly) as an 'Owl' when it is in fact a member of the Nightjar family.

View attachment 148984
View attachment 148985 View attachment 148986

Cool Pictures, Obvious My Picture Is From A Control Environment (Zoo) But It's Nice To See Them In The Wild!

Thanks For Posting!!!

Cheers,

Enezdez

View attachment 148984

You probably shouldn't hijack the OP's thread haha... but thanks for sharing.

View attachment 148984

Cool Pictures, Obvious My Picture Is From A Control Environment (Zoo) But It's Nice To See Them In The Wild!

Thanks For Posting!!!

Cheers,

Enezdez

My apologies for the unintended "Hi jack" I was absolutely thrilled to see one of our iconic Aussie Birds out of it's natural environment and attracting positive comments.

Most reactions

Back