testing my camera

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! today I was risking a lot! A girl found my photo portfolio in the net and asked if I could take some shots of her. Of course I agreed. But I wanted to try my new cam so I was a bit afraid because I don't know all the buttons and functions!
So here you have my test shots:

IMG_0051b.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Are they any good? She was a very difficult model but this will be in another post....

i think #2 and #3 work best because of the tilt/angle of her head. it seems to be more complimentary than straight-on view

The first one is really strange and the light on her face is very harsh and makes her looks almost all white. I am not so happy with that, mostly so because I can't make out HOW she is being placed behind those flowers and that distracts me a LOT from the entire photo, my trying to figure out how this could have been done.

The second is nice though she still doesn't look relaxed at all about this photo session of yours, but I am not happy with the bridge growing out of her head on both sides. That one could have been composed a bit more cleverly.

The third is nice. She looks more relaxed in that one though still not quite.

In the last, crop off the bikes and the dirt path in the background.
And maybe you would want to get together with her again and work more so that she will relax more (and you too), and wait for some better light. I see that the sun has finally come to Poland, too, but the kind of sunshine we are enjoying (!) these days is not that good for portrait photography.

LaFoto said:
The first one is really strange and the light on her face is very harsh and makes her looks almost all white. I am not so happy with that, mostly so because I can't make out HOW she is being placed behind those flowers and that distracts me a LOT from the entire photo, my trying to figure out how this could have been done.

The second is nice though she still doesn't look relaxed at all about this photo session of yours, but I am not happy with the bridge growing out of her head on both sides. That one could have been composed a bit more cleverly.

The third is nice. She looks more relaxed in that one though still not quite.

In the last, crop off the bikes and the dirt path in the background.
And maybe you would want to get together with her again and work more so that she will relax more (and you too), and wait for some better light. I see that the sun has finally come to Poland, too, but the kind of sunshine we are enjoying (!) these days is not that good for portrait photography.

yeah I know, this was my difficult model. I did my best to loose here eye problem. what's nore we couldn't meet later to w8 for a better light because she works in the evenings and this was the "latest" when she could come.

to be honest I quite like the first one. I almost lost her eye and she looks rather nice there.

Most reactions

Back