testing the b&w look on maternity. C&C

ewick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please feel free to give me some feed back on lighting, posing and the whole black and white look.

My wifey seven months pregnant.

8491536258_781823af8e_z.jpg
[/URL] erikas by EricJimenezPhoto, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think it needs a bit more contrast, but I think the lighting is appropriate for this style of photography.

The pose needs work. Better yet, don't pose her at all! She's your wife, you know how to get "real" smiles and emotion from her. Talk to her while your shooting.

Her bump is perfect!

Overall pretty nice. I personally like the skin brighter in black and whites. Try lighting her skin and see how you like it. Just my opinion and style:)

Overall pretty nice. I personally like the skin brighter in black and whites. Try lighting her skin and see how you like it. Just my opinion and style:)

you mean in pp? I played with the curves and levels but i must admit I need to learn more in depth editing.

The excessively tight framing would not lend well to prints. Her head needs a bit more space in both of them, IMO.

The excessively tight framing would not lend well to prints. Her head needs a bit more space in both of them, IMO.

good to know, thanks for your input. I really do have to look into printing cause so far all my stuff has been for web.

good to know, thanks for your input. I really do have to look into printing cause so far all my stuff has been for web.

Just as practice, try cropping to 5x7 or 8x10 and see what sacrifices you need to make.

I really like this... Too bad you clipped her elbow...

PS - What does Seven represent? her 7th baby? You forgot the "T" is Steven? Seven weeks? Seven months? I don't get it...

The OP stated 7 months in the first post of the thread.

I really like this... Too bad you clipped her elbow...

PS - What does Seven represent? her 7th baby? You forgot the "T" is Steven? Seven weeks? Seven months? I don't get it...

Yeah I know, it bugged me a little as well. and the "seven" represents the month.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back