Tethered ferry

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I used a wide angle lens to get this late afternoon shot of a ferry tethered to the dockside. The way the lens made the composition very angular appealed to me.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Fleetwood-ferry.jpg

that one is a clear keeper because of the clear well defined lines and angles!
especially the rope, the stairs and the waterline

Well, it is a photo by Tony, and he has so far ONLY posted keepers. All of them are.

This one is no expection at all.

Tony, I wish I had your eye and your knowledge to compose what I see so neatly and nicely!

Consider me your greatest fan, will you?

Oops :oops: - well... erm :blulsh2: ... typo.

"e-x-c-e-p-t-i-o-n".
OK?

O-KAY, Alex!?!? :hertz:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

sort of OKish my darling :mrgreen:

it just adds to your fame ;)

*cough*

I really like this shot. The color and intensity of the rope really stand out and lead your eye to the ship and then around the image. Fantastic as usual.

Question: do you do this professionally?

Thanks for the comments folks - I really appreciate your feedback. I especially liked Corinna's :mrgreen:. Just teasing Corinna - your English is better than any language I care to mangle! Do I do it professionally midget patrol? I wish! No. I just do it for the love of it. I come from a painting (arty-style) background, so and it's ALL about the composition for me.

Regards, Tony

Your've got a robust foreground here, which gives a heightened sense for the true subject behind. The rope also serves as a natural connection. Excellent photo!

Most reactions

Back