The 54th running of the Red Moshannon Downriver Race.

Joel Bolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a sampling of pics from the longest running down river race in Pennsylvania. It takes place the last Saturday in March on the Moshannon Creek in North Central Pennsylvania and is 7.5 miles of Class II/III water. Kayaks, paddle boards and canoes are permitted. This year there were 157 boats with 210 occupants. Four years ago, when I was too bunged up to race, I took a lot of photos with my Pentax DSLR and folks liked them so much I've become the official photographer for the race. My job is to get at least one pic of each boat. This year I posted 468 pics to the website. The weather was really miserable, with freezing temps, wind and snow showers; weather Pennsylvania boaters just shrug off. These were taken with my Pentax K3mk3 and the 55-300PLM lens.
IMGP2252.JPG
IMGP2257.JPG
IMGP2262.JPG
IMGP2269.JPG
IMGP2308 - Copy.JPG
IMGP2354.JPG
IMGP2442.JPG
IMGP2448.JPG
IMGP2459.JPG
IMGP2465.JPG
IMGP2476.JPG
IMGP2504.JPG
IMGP2630.JPG
They are SOOC. Pentax's well known weather sealing definitely came in handy

Nice action shots. Like the many different expressions.

Wonderful set, but I'd really be impressed if you got out there on a paddle board and got some shots...

That looks like it was a lot of fun for both you and the participants. Nice set.

A canoe - maybe. A kayak - not if I can help it. A paddle board - not in a month of Sundays. Nice series and a good record of the action.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back