The art in black and white

ShootForTheStars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I DID NOT TAKE THESE PHOTOS.

This is just really the type of work I love, but can never pull off. Maybe it's just the model, but there's something about it. . . Any thoughts?

ChrisCroft.jpg

AGAIN, I DID NOT TAKE THESE PHOTOS.
4b63f5d72f4f5.jpg

Photography by Kitty Maer

Model Chris Croft

Last edited:
Buy a quality enclosed umbrella like the Lastolite Umbrella Box, the 41 inch model, and put a studio flash head into it. Pump about 400 watt-seconds of flash through it. Photograph a shirtless, long-haired 20-something model in front of Thunder Gray seamless paper 10 feet behind his standing position. Use a full-frame digital camera, so that the background paper will be well out of focus at the f/stop of about f/6.3 using an 85mm focal length lens. Convert the resulting digital images to monochrome.

I honestly think the first is kind of disgusting. I love the second one, though. Good one Derrel. Youre a godsend. ;)
Petraio, its the OPs opinion that they are interesting. That's their esthetic. Its no ones place to tell them otherwise.

Mark

Buy a quality enclosed umbrella like the Lastolite Umbrella Box, the 41 inch model, and put a studio flash head into it. Pump about 400 watt-seconds of flash through it. Photograph a shirtless, long-haired 20-something model in front of Thunder Gray seamless paper 10 feet behind his standing position. Use a full-frame digital camera, so that the background paper will be well out of focus at the f/stop of about f/6.3 using an 85mm focal length lens. Convert the resulting digital images to monochrome.

I was just about to say that! :lmao:

I found that model on "Model Mayhem" btw. I'm trying to schedule a shoot with him! I'm excited.

I honestly think the first is kind of disgusting. I love the second one, though. Good one Derrel. Youre a godsend. ;)
Petraio, its the OPs opinion that they are interesting. That's their esthetic. Its no ones place to tell them otherwise.

Mark

Of course it is. That's what discussion groups are for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back