The Belltower...

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I stopped by the library to take some shots...nothing I am happy with...I need to go back with a better tripod (one that will rotate to shoot vertically).

Wonderful shot. I love it.
Please tell me how you did it.

nicely exposed shot
would love to see more angles from there when you do go back
thanks for sharing :D

Thanks...The tower is probably about 30 feet tall. All I did was shoot up from the bottom right hand corner. The outer coloring of it is a soft whitish/yellowish and because the lighting on it at night has an orange tint, it made a very nice tone. Like I said, though, the tripod I was using would only pan...no tilt...(why? I don't really know...I was trying out my friend's)...so it made it tough. I was laying down on the ground trying to adjust the tripod's legs so that it gave me the angle I wanted...

When I go back I want to do a good set of pretty long exposure shots for some nice star streaks and then take a proper exposure of the library itself...

Anyway...I'll get them up next time.

hard to establish a good overall exposure at this angle...you did well!

would love to see this vertical.

JonMikal said:
hard to establish a good overall exposure at this angle...you did well!

would love to see this vertical.

Funny you mention that...I must have been looking at the damn tripod for 5 minute trying to figure out how it could go vertical...IT DOESNT!:lol:

Cesium 911 said:
Funny you mention that...I must have been looking at the damn tripod for 5 minute trying to figure out how it could go vertical...IT DOESNT!:lol:

ducktape it to the side of your car :mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
ducktape it to the side of your car :mrgreen:

Haha...I'm saving that for next week.

Incase anyone is interested...

The only other (acceptable) one from the set that I think is post-worthy.

img27955wj.jpg

You are setting yourself some very harsh standards if you say these two are only so-so, for being your first pics taken with the new 300D! If I were you, I'd be over the top with these results, mostly so after the results I got out of my own night-time photography with the Powershot the other day... So do a little dance and be happy! These are wonderful (I say ... but my standards may be low, who knows!?!?!? :er: )

I must say I like the second even better than the first one, Cesium, and the first one was very good, already. The greenish light inside the tower makes such a good contrast to the yellowish light outside. I wish I could do photos like this! They are both very good.

I really enjoyed your picture. I did the 'same' image of a church steeple about 25 years ago that wound up on the cover of a book. There is something very powerful about getting up closer to a subject and getting involved in it. I would like to say that you are very talented (but then that would be patting myself on the back too!)

Haha.

Anyway, enjoyed your image very much. Keep moving with the subject, you'll be surprised at the many adventures you will discover.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Most reactions

Back