The dance

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Now that ya'll have me bringing my camera into work all the time, I was standing by the machine today when the song "The Dance" by Garth came on and the cutter moving across the metal in this spotlight fit so well that I had to take a picture of it. This is the one that I liked the most.

1991-dance.jpg

Thanks, as always, for looking.

wow thats realy cool...nice shot

awsome shot, never thought of taking a pic of the mill at work running.

Very interesting, reminds me of that show How It's Made on Discovery. They show you how everything (I mean EVERYTHING) is made in the manufacturing industry, from cement pillars to toothbrushes to computers to cars. Really amazing how it all works and what is involved in the various processes. Hardly any man power. :confused:

Hobbes you’re back into machining? That looks like a mold base? Are those cooling ports on the side?

Thank you all for the comments. :D

Jeff, I got back into machining when a shop up the road was looking for a programmer and I couldn't pass it up. ;) It's a CNC Milling machine. It's similar to a mold machine except it cuts the metal into a shape instead of injecting the molds. The hoses are for coolant, air and a mixture.

Rob, this program is making housings for micro chips. Pretty boring but really neat when it's done. I may do a pictoral one day of the process.

Thanks again everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back