Photos OK to edit
This is close-up that I took today. Comments welcome

The Fly 1
4867517738_6d6ebb7e9e.jpg

The Fly 1a
4867650448_aee7cecbc2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are 2 more views.

My camera seems to do funny things. I can place the image in one spot, but after it takes the picture, I find that the spot where I wanted the focus to be has moved 'up'. Very frustrating. It is just a simple P & S camera. All I can afford at this time.

The Fly2
4867561304_122f293904.jpg

The Fly3
4867561308_b1ac951305.jpg

My camera seems to do funny things. I can place the image in one spot, but after it takes the picture, I find that the spot where I wanted the focus to be has moved 'up'. Very frustrating.

Does anyone have an answer to why my camera does the above?

You need to use one spot focus. Your camera has several focus points. You need to turn on only one. Most people set ONLY the middle one ON.

You need to use one spot focus. Your camera has several focus points. You need to turn on only one. Most people set ONLY the middle one ON.

The problem is, I don't have any settings. It is only a small point and shoot, with settings for close-up, distance, and zoom. It's focus is automatic.

Start investing on DSLR.. You wont regret it. You can by a Sony 10.1 MP DSLR with kit lets on ebay for $299 shipped. Thats if your budget is very low.

Thanks - I'll do that when my budget improves so that I'm not ending up at the end of my paycheck well before the the month ends. ;D

Thanks - I'll do that when my budget improves so that I'm not ending up at the end of my paycheck well before the the month ends. ;D

Yeah SLR cam is def a good investment, i think you still did pretty good, nice flower too. Nice camera will make ur life easier since you can manually focus on whatever you want. I actually took a pic of a fly yesterday with mine, its in my signature link if u wanna see what i mean.

I would say the fly does not fit in the whole picture. The flower all by itself looks beautiful :)

Most reactions

Back