CRW_2181tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2117tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2103tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2099tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2107tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2112tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2097tiffc-vi.jpg

CRW_2178tiffc-vi.jpg

Constructive comments and crits welcome. Thanks!

More photos of The Gates :D, yay!
They were on our news again yesterday night, since yesterday they presented themselves in snow, which added to the variety of weathers they've already been in, and the TV team's footage was nice to look at, too. But I particularly like to see photos done by people I "know" (well, in a way...) - and out of these I much like No.6, which conveys the feeling that I am underneath one gate, too (and the photographer in that photo, of course ;)!!!)
Then I very much like the skiing person on the loipe next to The Gates in Photo 9 (that, too, was included into yesterday's German TV footage, by the way) - and I thought Photo 10 was once more unwilling to load fully - until I realised that all of the foreground is snow, and The Gates can only be seen in the far background. Ts! Silly me! ;)

Excellent!!!! You know we all have been waiting for photos from this installation. Critically I would have narrowed them down to three photos. I am grateful none the less because I get a variety of views of the work.

I ask the question; why winter to set this deal up? I think it was logistical nightmare to begin with. Let alone getting the NYC dept of Parks and Recreation to help. On the other hand the snow provides for a good contrast. I think this is a boost that Manhattan and Central Park needed.

Thanks everyone.
D-Ice, I use the 10D.

I just noticed that the horizon on #10 is slightly tilted. Need to fix it tonight.

nice series! i was leaving NYC Sunday evening and thought about stoping by but figured since i had to return this weekend i'd wait. do you know if there is enough light at night?

i wonder if the guy in #6 is on this forum :lol:.
anyways, you've given us a good sense of what this is all about and certainly what to expect if we visit. thanks :thumbup:

JonMikal said:
... and certainly what to expect if we visit...

...or never to visit and see this with her own eyes, sniff-sniff :cry:

Therefore: double thanks.

craig said:
I ask the question; why winter to set this deal up? .........On the other hand the snow provides for a good contrast.
Looks like you have the answer :). The Gates might not stand out during spring.

LaFoto said:
...or never to visit and see this with her own eyes, sniff-sniff :cry:
At the end of the day, those are just a bunch of fabrics ;). So don't worry! :hug::

Most reactions

Back