The greatest show on earth (lightning)

absolutely awsome! my favorite model for photos! I wosh i had better timing and patience to capture at the right moments notice. very impressive and motivating.

what did you use to process and add signatures?, if i might ask?

holy **** bat man!!!!!!!!
really good pictures!!!!
i,m ready to move there!!!
what were your settings??
gotta know. been waiting for lightening all summer west shores of lake michagan

what did you use to process and add signatures?, if i might ask?
Photo Shop. I signed a piece of paper with a Sharpe. Photographed it......yada yada yada.....you got a signature. (I can give more details if needed)

holy **** bat man!!!!!!!!
really good pictures!!!!
i,m ready to move there!!!
what were your settings??
gotta know. been waiting for lightening all summer west shores of lake michagan
Sent you an email back with this but I thought I would share with others

I use a Canon 30D. For pictures 1 through 4 I used a canon 28-138 IS lens. The last one I used a Canon 16-35L. The settings:
All are on ISO 100
Aperture is 9-10 (except #4, which is 6.3)
Shutter speeds varry from 26-45 seconds (#3 was 73 seconds). I use a remote shutter release.

Most excellent Lightning shots. I think I would have tried to crop the roof tops out in #1. Good Job!

Derrick

Most excellent Lightning shots. I think I would have tried to crop the roof tops out in #1. Good Job!

Derrick
I have actually done a lot more with these photos. I am hesitant to post them since there are already a lot of photos in the thread. I don't want to bog it down. Here is one though. I didn't crop the houses out but I did darken them

3cc8dd1f.jpg

Cool!!
I think the frame is a little too big for the post-processed photos...
Thanks for the input. I put that on more as a matting than just a frame. My intention was to print them out and put them in a frame. So far I have not done that so I don't know how it will look.

Great. I have wanted to get some shots where you can actually seee where it's hitting the ground like you have done.

Also, you seem to have dead pixels in your camera. The little red and blue dots, unless it's rain that changed color with the flash that I doubt you used

~Michael~

Very nice. I'd love to see a great storm like that. I live in washington state so lightning is rare, but I managed to get a shot that I posted here. I love the multiple bolts, good job :)

Great. I have wanted to get some shots where you can actually seee where it's hitting the ground like you have done.

Also, you seem to have dead pixels in your camera. The little red and blue dots, unless it's rain that changed color with the flash that I doubt you used

~Michael~
I saw those pixels as well. Photo shop took them out later. I just get so excited when I get a good photo and want to share, I don't do a good job processing them before I post them.

Very nice. I'd love to see a great storm like that. I live in washington state so lightning is rare, but I managed to get a shot that I posted here. I love the multiple bolts, good job :)
It is a sight to behold for sure. It is also a force of nature not to mess with. Last week a bolt hit the house or came very near it. It took out many electrical appliances (computer, TV, A/C, stereo......) I guess my wish list is on hold!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back