the hubby tries so hard :)

melrose09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've been hinting around that I'd really like a 70-300mm recently. The budget is tight, so I was thinking maybe birthday in August. But my husband decided to get me one now without telling me. Sooo sweet, however, he bought a Quantaray for a Nikon, and I shoot a Pentax :( Awww...it broke my heart to tell him cuz he meant so well and it was such a sweet thought. Anyway, he's going to return it and get the right one, so I should have a new lens soon!

Anyway, thoughts on Quantaray?

My hubby tried also for Christmas. I wanted a new lens for portraits. He got me a tamaron AF75-300mm F/4-5.6LD Macro. It seems to be a pretty good lens, but not happy about the F stop.
I guess at least they try...right! Good thing your husband can return it.

psssst hint about a shop you like (online or highstreet) and beg for gift vouchers ;)

I think just about every kind of new lens that you buy will give you great images. I like to stick with the brand of lens from the camera manufacturer, but that being said,I have both Nikon and Canon and have bought Tamron and Sigma lenses for them at different times in my photography career and had great results from them also. It comes down to knowing what to do with what you have.

thanks folks!

mom2eight - it's cute that they try and want to be enthusiastic about are hobbies, but like Overread said, I think I'm gonna ask for vouchers/gift cards from now on :)

Alpaem, I'm thinking I'm going to try out Quantaray. dxqCanada, I'm not sure if it is made by Sigma, I haven't really researched it too too much, but It seems like some decent bang for your buck. I'm looking for a job right now. basically the job will support my photography habit :) Not so much equipment-wise, but travel-wise hehehehe. I don't think he realized what he started when he got me my camera for Christmas ! :lmao:

Try the lens and see how it works. If you don't like it you can always have your husband return it. Make you you try it right away though. They may have a 30 day return/exchange period...

My hubby tried also for Christmas. I wanted a new lens for portraits. He got me a tamaron AF75-300mm F/4-5.6LD Macro. It seems to be a pretty good lens, but not happy about the F stop.
I guess at least they try...right! Good thing your husband can return it.

Yeah, but consider that a wider f-stop on a 300mm lens would have cost about 5-10 times as much. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back