The importance of being mindful of your background!

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pay attention. 'Nuf said...
Backgrounds.JPG

yeah. that pole sticking out of his head is something.....
The mannequins in swim trunks are kinda cool.

this wasn't a paid , you needed to have it , photo was it?

IMG_4110.JPG
I was tryin' to get a cool shot of raindrops on my car's windshield....then this damned city bus stopped in front of me, with some old geezer on the back making wild claims, like, "I invented the apostrophe!" and such...

No, it was one of many 'filler' shots from the fund-raising run I covered a couple of days ago. I had thought it was a nice shot of the event organizers chatting with a local mayor and tribal chief; I was just trying to decide whether or not the fact that the chief's face was turned was a deal-breaker or not when I actually looked at the background.. :lol: I just thought it was somewhat ironic given my penchant for preaching about backgrounds when providing critique! Karma... she's a <female dog>!

Just get the bokeh blur filter. According to some people, it fixes everything.

Just get the bokeh blur filter. According to some people, it fixes everything.
This...Just be sure and not get too close to the actual subjects with the blur. That way they have this weird, unblurred halo around them...Speaks of quality work every time.

John, you need my voice-activated instant backdrop. Might be distracting for your subjects, but they won't see a thing after you give them the proper full-flash preflash. And you can probably photoshop the stunned look they have into something useful.:biglaugh:

No, it was one of many 'filler' shots from the fund-raising run I covered a couple of days ago. I had thought it was a nice shot of the event organizers chatting with a local mayor and tribal chief; I was just trying to decide whether or not the fact that the chief's face was turned was a deal-breaker or not when I actually looked at the background.. :lol: I just thought it was somewhat ironic given my penchant for preaching about backgrounds when providing critique! Karma... she's a <female dog>!
no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. least you didn't need the shot.

use an instagram filter.
Then everything will be unrecognizable !!

What? Y'all don't use the Easy Background Fix preset in PhotoShop? Geez, even GIMP has One-Click Bokeh Repair.

GIMP: Can do instant bokeh blur, but still can't do CMYK.

This really is a shame. It would have worked SOOO much better if the background had ACTUAL swimsuit models instead of mannequins. :allteeth:

Backgrounds make or break so many pictures. I've been trying to pass that on to some of the people with cameras running around during this assignment I've been shooting. The subject is big, therefore it is in the right place and I want the subject. The conversations I've had are simply about looking past and finding clean, or the name of the event, which ties the subject to the event.

You can on the other hand tie the background into the image and the background is the picture and the main subject is just what ties it together. Whatever works.

This really is a shame. It would have worked SOOO much better if the background had ACTUAL swimsuit models instead of mannequins. :allteeth:

Unless you're into that sort of thing ... different strokes, you know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back