The James River at Night

Pirata

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.colonialpanama.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of my favorite pics I have taken. Unfortunately I did not have a remote and the max exposure time I can have without a remote is 30 seconds. I will try it again with my remote as soon as I get a night where I have the time and the right condotions. The next pic will be 45 seconds followed by a minute then possible longer depending on how those pics turned out.

The thing I love the most about this pic is the green grass in the bottom right of the pic.

DSC03881_-_Copy.JPG

It's okay, but seems a little empty for a landscape shot - just masses of sky and water with a little line of lights in between. You should have a definite forground and background interest. Maybe get in closer to the lights on the right, or use a telephoto to get some details?

The shot was taken on Fort Eustis looking north east towards 3rd port. The lights on the horizon in the left side is Williamsburg ad Busch Gardens.

I do agree it is missing something and the next shots I am planning I really want to do a nice long exposure shot with the stars.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back