The lines tell a story of the past!

mom2eight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used a color pop action for this shot of my dad. I didn't want to process with skin smoothing because I enjoy seeing the wrinkles in his face, the weathered part of him and the age tells a story of his life. CC please.
IMG_7719copy.jpg

cool shot. I think cropping it to 8 x10 could get rid of the empty space.

I Ilike it, his eyes keep pulling me in to the picture.

I bet this would make a great BW

I took the liberty of playing around with it. Hope you don't mind. It's not completely B&W but definitely more contrast.

1.jpg

i agree with you not doing any skin smoothing, this makes a truer picture.
it looks a little soft in the bottom left area. but this is of no consequence to you as far as
having a nice image of your dad. the edit posted is not an improvement.

Perhaps if I had the original. It is pixilated.

the tone is off (he looks a bit red in it) and im not fond of the crop. The background blends into his head so i can't really see where the top of his head ends, KWIM? I agree with WIMFOTO in that the edited one isn't any better.

wanted to add: kudos for not touching any wrinkles... wrinkles add character and you're right, they tell a story!!! I took a snapshot of my mom that I thought was really great and she didn't like it because I refused to "fix her wrinkles" in pp.... maybe women are little harder on themselves, but I say embrace your age and how far you've come in life! :thumbup:

Thanks this was just a snap shot I took at Christmas. It truely makes me sad to see my parents getting older, but im trying to embrace the positive. The red is probably from a color pop I used in pp. BTW my mom hated this picture she said it made him look old (lol he is old)!

Most reactions

Back