The Mother's Session C&C

katy625

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the mother of the little girl I posted a couple of days ago....On the 1st pic it seems for some stupid reason that I focused on the wall and not her eyes....but here are a few.

christy10-1.jpg

christy26-1.jpg

christy20-2.jpg

I like the contrast of the colors in these images. I agree with your observation on the focus on #1. I also see that the red from the bricks have bled onto the subject creating that reddish hue ( could possibly be fixed in post). #2 appears a little soft to me but the colors are very rich and vibrant which I like a lot. I would experiment with the cropping a bit. #3 again looks soft to me but it does not mean it is. I like the colors again, maybe you want to bring up the shadows a bit.
Nice model, nice setting and good work.
You do not mention what gear was used for these pictures.

respectfully

Jim

I like the contrast of the colors in these images. I agree with your observation on the focus on #1. I also see that the red from the bricks have bled onto the subject creating that reddish hue ( could possibly be fixed in post). #2 appears a little soft to me but the colors are very rich and vibrant which I like a lot. I would experiment with the cropping a bit. #3 again looks soft to me but it does not mean it is. I like the colors again, maybe you want to bring up the shadows a bit.
Nice model, nice setting and good work.
You do not mention what gear was used for these pictures.

respectfully

Jim

Thank you...I agree on all...I tried to tone down that red and I am still working on it but it seems any time i try and take just a hint of red out of her it becomes blue and weird. I used my Canon EOS XS w/ 18-55mm.

try to focus exclusively between the eyes. Did you use AF and external flash? it is a out of focus, and #3 is a bit underexposed.

try to focus exclusively between the eyes. Did you use AF and external flash? it is a out of focus, and #3 is a bit underexposed.

I used AF, Manual Mode, no flash..only natural light, no tripod (which caused noise and camera shake it seems but i hate tripods. I did however work on the 1st pic a bit more and got rid of some of the red hue on her.

christy10-2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back