The new "Rule of Center"

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rule of thirds ??? I think not !!!

4484792818_ddce4c822a_b.jpg

I love centered images, as well. While I think the ROT works in most instances, sometimes you just want it smack dab in the middle!

You've combined some of my favorite things in a photo! Rust, metal, spokes, gear teeth and rivets...what more could a gal want!? :lol:

Very dynamic! And the "Rule of Centre" works fine here. That was just the rule to go by for this particular photo. I also really like the colours.

Is this from a train?

You've combined some of my favorite things in a photo! Rust, metal, spokes, gear teeth and rivets...what more could a gal want!? :lol:

Ah .... are you married ?

Looks almost like clock innards with all the gear teeth. I just wanted to say I liked the image and I agree that rules are sometimes better to be broken.

Well, no I am not, as a matter of fact...but I intend on staying that way--long, tedious story. :sexywink: I make a great pen-pal though.

That vehicle is about the craziest thing I've ever seen and I want it for a garden ornament really bad! :drool:

I love rusty things!

The door to my 44 Chevy dually flatbed haytruck:

4485000434_0d63436a6e.jpg

Well, no I am not, as a matter of fact...but I intend on staying that way--long, tedious story. :sexywink: I make a great pen-pal though.

That vehicle is about the craziest thing I've ever seen and I want it for a garden ornament really bad! :drool:

I love rusty things!

The door to my 44 Chevy dually flatbed haytruck:
You sure would love living in the northern states that use road salt.:lol:

Cool Image, this one works well centered. I love the color and rust as well especially juxtaposed with the clean straight lines of the "spokes".

Side note: I thought there was almost a TPF love connection on this thread.;)

Really nice photo. Only problem is that we now have a lot of confused n00bs on our hands, hehehe.

Anyone else just a *little* disappointed our potential TPF match-up didn't go off? Shame on you for being such a tease, Sojourn. Posting rusty stuff, saying his photo has some of your favorite things... tsk tsk tsk. I would have asked too, if I were him. :sexywink:

there has never been anything wrong with filling the frame with an object, be it person, place or thing.

very nice image

I love rusty things!

You and my wife :lmao:

She used to buy all kinds of weird looking rusty things at farm auctions and we ended up with a rusty zen garden.

I have to admit, I loved it. Very cool looking :D

ottor, love your RoC!

I've said many times, here and on other forums, that rules are nothing more than guidelines. One needs to know them and understand them but, usually, so that they can be thrown out the window with reasons. :thumbup:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Aw...sorry I disappointed everyone! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love rusty things!

You and my wife :lmao:

She used to buy all kinds of weird looking rusty things at farm auctions and we ended up with a rusty zen garden.

I have to admit, I loved it. Very cool looking :D

My motto: 'If it's free, it's for me!' I don't think I've put money down for any of my 'treasures' yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back