The Penobscot Narrows--I Almost Died...

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But really.

On our way up to Maine I stopped off the side of the road to snap a picture of the bridge--it was built only a few years ago and is stunning, especially at night.

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
Natural Light

Penobscot Narrows by f_one_eight, on Flickr

In shooting the bridge, I knew I wanted an up close and unique angle. I set up on the edge of the bridge and started shooting. Midway through a tractor trailer truck drove by... far too close. I swear it was a foot away, but likely closer to 5. But at midnight, it was definitely an eye-opener.

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII

Lines and Lights by f_one_eight, on Flickr

It was a close call, and definitely scared the crap out of me. It's a cool shot, but not worth dying for.

Thoughts on the images?

Cheers!
Jake

Ehhhhhh. That may be worth dying for lol.

Only teasing. Really cool shot though. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehhhhhh. That may be worth dying for lol.

Only teasing. Really cool shot though. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah I'm quite pleased with it. I think it was more of a wake up call. Sometimes I get so lost in photography that I sacrifice safety to get the shot.

I especially like the second. Immediately makes the viewer curious and want to study it. I like the texture in the concrete tower and the spiral-wrapped cables, and the symmetry of the lights. This is a very impressive image. Next to this one, the first one is ... well ... just a bridge, but it gives context and lets the viewer have an aha! moment.

Nice, nice work!

Asshole!!!!

I am literally 30 mins away!!!

I especially like the second. Immediately makes the viewer curious and want to study it. I like the texture in the concrete tower and the spiral-wrapped cables, and the symmetry of the lights. This is a very impressive image. Next to this one, the first one is ... well ... just a bridge, but it gives context and lets the viewer have an aha! moment.

Nice, nice work!

Well thank you! Yeah, the first is definitely nothing fancy, but I added it to give context to the second image.

Cheers!
Jake

Asshole!!!!

Is that so!? I didn't realize you were that close to there! I passed through around midnight though...

Asshole!!!!

Is that so!? I didn't realize you were that close to there! I passed through around midnight though...

No excuse! I could have gotten you a free ticket to the top of the tower too.

But whatever!

Now?

Let's meet up!

Let you know. I know a good spot for osprey.

Nice shots.

We stayed in Bucksport a few years ago - can't wait to get back up there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back